Mount Batur Volcano Hiking
This volcanic mountain is about 1717m high and is mostly formed by the eruption in 1917. The majority of the people visit the mountain to admire the impressive mountain itself and the gorgeous view over Lake Batur.
However it is also very popular to take this Bali hiking trail really early in the morning so you can stand on top of the mountain to gaze at the colourful sunrise.
HPPGB stands for Mount Batur Tour Guides Association and was created to prevent every person in Batur area from calling themselves a mountain guide.They say that it’s recommended to arrange a guide, just to prevent other guides from following you to the top and offering their services.
In anticipation of the dawn, we journey to the majestic double caldera volcano Mount Batur, in the heart of Bali. Hundreds of years of volcanic eruptions have formed spectacular deposits of lava rock and black sand which creates the distinctive trail for our trek.
Beginning at beautiful Lake Batur, our ascension (lit by torch/flashlight) progresses at a steady pace along a moderate terrain, culminating with a more invigorating uphill effort to the peak. From this stunning view point, we take in the awe-inspiring sunrise casting its rays on the breathtaking panorama of caldera and lake within
Relax and enjoy the grand reward for your effort as you enjoy a morning coffee or tea and a light breakfast. After you are rested and feeling recharged, our professional guides educate you on the history of the volcano as we continue our trek along the rim of the caldera, observing steaming fissures (hot enough to cook an egg) and marveling at the varied landscapes.
We conclude our trek with a delightful descent through farmlands and bountiful fields of tomatoes, spinach and otherfinish trekking crops. Venturing back down the mountain, we enjoy a scenic drive through Kintamani and its neighboring villages.
We make a stop along the way for an educational visit to a Bali coffee plantation where you can sample fresh coffee or cacao as you observe the roasting process. Your adventure concludes at our modern Balinese family compound in the sacred village of Pejeng. Witness the women preparing devotional offerings to the Hindu Gods and enjoy your sumptuous Indonesian lunch as you relax in our serene Balinese family garden setting.
Mount Batur vulcano hike price:
* USD 60/ pax minimum 2 persons
* USD 50/ pax minimum 4 persons
* USD 45/ pax minimum 6 persons
Pick up and drop off available from the most location in Bali. Please check the schedule for pick up time details.
- 01.30 am: Pick up at your hotel (please see pick up schedule for more information)
- 04.00 am: Start trekking
- 05.50 am: Reaching the peak of volcano
- 06.30 am: Sunrise time and breakfast
- 08.30 am: Finish trekking
- 09.00 am: Toya Devasya Natural Hot Spring
- 11.00 am: Coffee testing at coffee and spices plantation
- 12.00 am: Arrive at hotel
- 02.00 AM: Kuta, Seminyak, Legian
- 02.00 AM: Nusa Dua, Jimbaran: 2am
- 02.30 AM: Sanur, Denpasar
- 03.00 AM: Ubud
- Other locations will be confirmed by our staff
- Drop off time to your hotel depend on your hotel location
THINGS TO BRING
- Trekking outfit IT-shirt, long pants, jacket, and good climbing or running shoes!
- A change of clothes for use after the activities
- Swimsuits and change of clothes for swimming at the hot spring
- Money for additional drink and personal shopping
- Action camera (you are welcome to bring your action cam)
- Pick up and drop off with private transport with AC & English speaking driver from your location
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Trekking equipment
- Insurance coverage
- Bottled drinking water
- Morning tea or coffee
- One hour relaxation at Toya Devasya Natural Hot Spring
- Coffe luwak tasting
- Personal shopping
- Tip or gratuities
- Camera is not covered by our insurance policy
- A call or text message to Contact Us at least 12 hours before your trip is strongly recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant people and diffable
- Only age of 7 – 55 years old are covered by insurance.